Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org> on 2006/11/21 00:28:03 UTC

Defining a generator as Spring bean

Is it possible to define sitemap components in Spring configuration files?

I tried

<bean id="org.apache.cocoon.generators.Generator/myGenerator"
       class="x.myGenerator"/>

but without success because using

<map:generate name="myGenerator"/>

didn't work.

Does anybody know how to make this work? [\me glancing at Carsten ;-)].

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: Defining a generator as Spring bean

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> it was my fault (see the difference in the bean name). For those who are
> interested, here is my working bean definition:
>
>   <bean name="org.apache.cocoon.generation.Generator/daisy"
>     class="org.daisycms.clientapp.cocoon.DaisyGenerator">
>     <property name="daisyAccessFacade"
> ref="org.daisycms.clientapps.facade"/>
>   </bean>

just out of curiosity: how does this generator gets standard lifecycle
applied?

--
Leszek Gawron                                    CTO at MobileBox Ltd.

Re: Defining a generator as Spring bean

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>   <bean name="org.apache.cocoon.generation.Generator/daisy"
>     class="org.daisycms.clientapp.cocoon.DaisyGenerator">
>     <property name="daisyAccessFacade"
> ref="org.daisycms.clientapps.facade"/>
>   </bean>

just a reminder, same goes for apples:

in applicationContext.xml:

<bean id="storeInvestmentApple" parent="xmlRequestApple"
class="com.mobilebox.xxx.pi.server.mobileapi.apples.StoreInvestmentApple">
    <property name="investmentParser" ref="investmentParser"/>
    <property name="investmentService" ref="investmentService"/>
</bean>

sitemap.xmap:

<map:flow language="service-apples"/>
<map:pipelines>
    <map:pipeline type="caching">
        <map:match pattern="*">
            <map:call function="{1}Apple"/>
        </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>
</map:pipelines>

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Poetz schrieb:
> Is it possible to define sitemap components in Spring configuration files?
>
> I tried
>
> <bean id="org.apache.cocoon.generators.Generator/myGenerator"
>        class="x.myGenerator"/>
>
> but without success because using
>
> <map:generate name="myGenerator"/>
>
> didn't work.
>
> Does anybody know how to make this work? [\me glancing at Carsten ;-)].

It should work (I think)...Did you get an exception?

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect
http://www.s-und-n.de