Posted to user@uima.apache.org by AmyJacksonKatrina <am...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/10 06:34:58 UTC

to edit seed file in ruta

how can i edit seed file in uima ruta. that changes to be effect on
eclipse output. But whatever changes i made the eclipse output is asusual.
Thanks in advance.

Re: to edit seed file in ruta

Posted by AmyJacksonKatrina <am...@gmail.com>.
Peter Klügl <pe...@...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> did the answer to your last mail help?
> What changes did you try which had no effect?
> Can you explain your use case in more detail?
>
> There is probably a much easier solution than to modify the seed file.
>
> Best,
>
> Peter
>
> Am 10.02.2016 um 06:34 schrieb AmyJacksonKatrina:
> > how can i edit seed file in uima ruta. that changes to be effect on
> > eclipse output. But whatever changes i made the eclipse output is
asusual.
> > Thanks in advance.

Sorry For the Delay.
I am having another query regarding uima ruta. I want to extract the
text using the begin and end value of the .xmi file. For example, if i
matched a text with tags "<w:t>AnyText</w:t>".Using the index position
of this annotation, I have to extract the text alone between the tags.
This can only be done using the BEGIN and END value. Do Reply me. Thanks
in Advance.

Re: to edit seed file in ruta

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Hi,

Am 22.02.2016 um 06:39 schrieb AmyJacksonKatrina:
> Thank you So much Peter...
>  Your Option 2 is working as expected.
>
> But Option3 is saying an error like
> error: Feature "TAG.name==RutaStringExpression : ["w:t"]" is not defined
> for type "TAG".

Did you import the type system descriptor for the html types?

If not, then these two problems are reported since the type TAG is
unknown and the expression cannot be sresolved correctly:
Multiple markers at this line
    - error: Feature "TAG.name==RutaStringExpression : ["w:t"]" is not
defined for type "TAG".
    - Type "TAG.name " not defined in this script/block!

Best,

Peter

Re: to edit seed file in ruta

Re: to edit seed file in ruta

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Hi,

there are several way to annotate that without changing the seeder.

Your rule won't work for several reason, e.g., the REGEXP condition
checks only the covered text of the matching rule element (W), which is
only one word.

Here are some ways to annotate it (not tested)

Option 1: a normal rule (I think ":" is included in MARKUP for UIMA Ruta
2.4.0)
RETAINTYPE(MARKUP);
MARKUP{REGEXP("<w:t>")} #{-> Text} MARKUP{REGEXP("</w:t>")};
or
MARKUP.ct=="<w:t>" #{-> Text} MARKUP.ct=="</w:t>";

Option 2: a simple regex rule
"<w:t>(.+?)</w:t>" -> 1 = Text;
http://uima.apache.org/d/ruta-current/tools.ruta.book.html#ugr.tools.ruta.language.regexprule

Option 3: use HtmlAnnotator
something like:
ENGINE utils.HtmlAnnotator;
TYPESYSTEM utils.HtmlTypeSystem;
EXEC(HtmlAnnotator, {TAG});
TAG.name=="w:t"{-> Text};

The HtmlAnnotator can be configured to only annotate the content of xml
elements.
http://uima.apache.org/d/ruta-current/tools.ruta.book.html#ugr.tools.ruta.ae.html

Best,

Peter