Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by um...@comcast.net on 2008/04/08 18:10:52 UTC

Applying HTTPS connector selectively

Env: Tomcat 6.0.14, Jre1.6

I have both HTTP and HTTPs connector defined in my server configuration.
I would like to apply the HTTPS connector to handle specific URLs into
the webapp alone and have the rest be handled by HTTP connector.

Eg:
      Context Root:   /myapp
      URLs handled by HTTPS connector: /myapp/secure/*
      URLs handled by HTTP connector: all other URLs under /myapp/*

How do I accomplish this?

Regards,

/Ur

RE: Applying HTTPS connector selectively

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: uma_rk@comcast.net [mailto:uma_rk@comcast.net]
> Subject: Applying HTTPS connector selectively
>
> I would like to apply the HTTPS connector to handle specific URLs into
> the webapp alone and have the rest be handled by HTTP connector.

Read the servlet spec.  Your answer is in section 12 (hint: transport
guarantee).

http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/mrel/jsr154/index2.html

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: Applying HTTPS connector selectively

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
uma_rk@comcast.net wrote:
> Env: Tomcat 6.0.14, Jre1.6
>
> I have both HTTP and HTTPs connector defined in my server configuration.
> I would like to apply the HTTPS connector to handle specific URLs into
> the webapp alone and have the rest be handled by HTTP connector.
>
> Eg:
>       Context Root:   /myapp
>       URLs handled by HTTPS connector: /myapp/secure/*
>       URLs handled by HTTP connector: all other URLs under /myapp/*
>
> How do I accomplish this?

Read the servlet spec (or use Google) and look for user-data-constraint.

Mark