Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Bohdan Kazydub <bo...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/13 09:19:06 UTC

Programmatically determine version of Hive running on server

Hi all,

is it possible to determine a version of Hive running on server using Hive
(HiveMetaStoreClient etc.) 2.3.3?

Best regards,
Bohdan

Re: Programmatically determine version of Hive running on server

Posted by Bohdan Kazydub <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Amey,

thank you for the suggestion, but wouldn't it return Hive version of the
client?
Just to clarify, in my case, project uses Hive libraries to communicate
with Hive metastore, version of which I should obtain, running on a
(remote) server.

Best regards,
Bohdan

Posted by Amey Barve <am...@gmail.com>.