Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt <pe...@luciad.com> on 2010/05/31 17:43:04 UTC

Windows/JRuby 1.5.0 spec fixes

I've been able to get the number of failing specs down to 11. The ones
that still fail fall into two categories:
- FileUtils.touch is not updating the mtime of directories correctly.
I've reported this as JRUBY-4837 with an included spec.
- File permission checking does not work on Windows. This causes the
'manifest 644' and 'ziptask should preserve permission' specs to fail

I'm not sure how the second category can be resolved. I had a look at
Ant's zip and tar tasks to see how it's supported there. Those tasks
extend FileSet by allowing explicit uid,gid and perm values to be
specified. Similar options should probably be added to the
ArchiveTask#include methods. That way the perms in the final archive and
the perms on the fs could be decoupled. Any thoughts on this?

Pepijn