Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stef Telford <st...@Chronozon.dyndns.org> on 2001/02/09 22:28:49 UTC

Silly Question about CGI and mod_perl - The Revenge

Hello,
	Me again (sorry), i did as was suggested to get rid of the
CGI.pm debug messages in the Apache Server. I changed NO_DEBUG
to 1 and the

(offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input)

	all went away. Thats the good news. The strange news is that
now, however, it doesnt seem to recieve the post data. I am using
CGI::param to get the input from the previously posted form, which
is the typical <FORM action="/bleh/bleh.pl">. All .pl files are set
to be executed by mod_perl (not the safest thing i know but its a
development server more than production).

There is nothing going on. I downgraded to CGI.pm 2.46 and with NO_DEBUG
on, it works, it gets the data posted to the other cgi.
With 2.752 in any state, no show.

	I would like to think I know how to program in perl and
Apache, if not mod_perl, but i dont see why this should be happening.

	As usual, Apache 1.3.17, mod_perl 1.25, FreeBSD 4.2-Stable,
CGI.pm 2.752 and PostgreSQL 7.0.3 with Perl 5.005

	Anything you think i could be doing 'obviously' wrong ?

	Many thanks,
	Stefs