Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com> on 2007/08/02 00:55:28 UTC

Re: xsl-fo eating up the HttpSession

Das, Aditi wrote:
> We are using cocoon framework  in our project. I want to render a xsl as
> PDF. For that I have written a xsl-fo  transfomer which will be
> serialized by FOPSerializer.
>  From the xsl-fo , I am calling a servlet
>
> <fo:external-graphic height="150px" width="350px">
> <xsl:attribute name="src">
> url('http://localhost:6426/MarketDepthServlet?cusip=31771CSY2&amp;chart=yeildChart')
> </xsl:attribute>
> </fo:external-graphic>
>
> Inside this servlet I will get the image from the session attribute and
> flush it on the screen..
>
> The problem I am facing is, xsl fo goes inside the servlet but doesnot
> recognize the old session, instead creates a new one.

Aditi:

I suspect your problem can be easily resolved if you follow these easy steps:

  * Please post emails in plain text when posting to the mailing lists;

  * Please post to the user's mailing list when you are asking for help.
    Developer's list should be used to send and discuss bug reports or
    enhancements.

  * I hope you recognize that you are performing an HTTP request, and as written,
    it does not carry any information necessary to identify HTTP session on the
    target server. If target server is a java servlet container, and I suspect
    it is, session id usually can be passed in as ";jsessionid=<id>". See
    documentation of your servlet container for details.

Regards,
Vadim