Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2016/01/09 02:23:00 UTC

RE: Post mortem request for the handling of the Corinthia podling

Joe,

Based on activity and remarks I have observed on other Apache lists, I think that lessons have been taken from the collapse of the Corinthia podling although not addressed directly to the Corinthia situation.

I looked at the postmortem template and find that it is not very suited to an Apache project, although some of the items might be responded to.  Also, Corinthia expired pretty-much during start-up.

I have two reservations about engaging in a post mortem.

 1. A key breakdown occurred around personnel issues/conficts that played out mainly on the private Podling Project Management Committee list among the project members and the mentors together.  Those matters deserve to remain private.

 2. As a character in that drama, I must recuse myself from attempting any kind of assessment.

Bertrand may have something more useful to say based on his broad perspective on Apache projects and incubation of podlings.

Regards,

 - Dennis

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

>> From: Slow Joe [mailto:slow.joe.777@gmail.com]
>> ...could you and Dennis consider whether it would be valuable to
>> collaborate on a blame-free post-mortem describing the events
>> which lead to the end of Corinthia...

I agree with Dennis' and Dave's comments.

I was also was involved too late in the process to make any meaningful comments.

-Bertrand

Re: Post mortem request for the handling of the Corinthia podling

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

I agree with Dennis and for similar reasons. A combination of personal issues and differences in concerns about when and how to handle the edges of legal policy occurred.

It became clear that the community was not a good fit with this "situation." The community "self deported". I use "" to indicate that others might use different words. I don't care to debate it, these are my current interpretations. I have no desire to "pull the scab" on this matter.

In addition a post mortem will have a sample size issue. Retirement is happening and this list is going away. The bulk of the community is long gone.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone