Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Michael Howard <mi...@newvantagesolutions.com> on 2014/03/26 00:52:03 UTC

trouble building in eclipse ... AvroRecord

I am having trouble building hadoop-common in eclipse.
With hadoop-common I am getting missing dependencies with

AvroRecord
EchoRequestProto
a few other protobuf things

I successfully followed directions at:

https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute

to get a successful maven build from the command line (with -DskipTests)

I have made several attempts to get the build to work inside of eclipse,
per

https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment

I have tried both with & without copying files into the workspace
(directions aren't clear)

I don't have enough maven/pom experience to understand why AvroRecord is
not being found by TestAvroSerialization.java
avro is in pom.xml and it successfully compiles outside of eclipse.

Any pointers/advice would be appreciated.

Michael