Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Boyu Zhang <bz...@cs.utsa.edu> on 2009/06/24 21:54:29 UTC

DataNode Cannot Start Incompatible namespaceIDs

Hi everyone,

I am new to Hadoop. When I run start-all.sh in pseudo distributed model, I
got this

ERROE: org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode: java.io.IOException: Inconpatible
namespaceIDs in /tmp/hadoop-zhang/dfs/data: namenode
namespceID=13510389749;datanode namespaceID = 222833940.

So I cannot start the datanode. I am sure it is something stupid I did or
did not do, I just can't figure it out. I really appreciate it if somebody
could help me out. Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,

Boyu Zhang

RE: DataNode Cannot Start Incompatible namespaceIDs

Posted by Boyu Zhang <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

Me again. The problem has been solved, I clean the stuff in /tmp and
everything works. Thanks.

Boyu