Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Edson Richter <ed...@hotmail.com> on 2013/06/01 19:07:32 UTC

BeanUtils 1.8.3 not working with Java 7

Dear friends,

I've searched everywhere and could not find the source for this problem.

When running my application with Java 6, it works as expected.
When running with Java 7, I get no content.

Example:

in html, I have:

<form ...>
<input type='text' name='acao' value='avancar'>
<input type='text' name='informacoes.documento' value='12345678'>
</form>

The bean is declared with setter and getters as follows:

public class MyBean implements Serializable {
     private String acao;
     private Informacoes informacoes = new Informacoes();
     public MyBeans() {}
     public String getAcao() { return acao; }
     public void setAcao(String acao) { this.acao = acao; }
     public Informacoes getInformacoes() { return this.informacoes; }
     public void setInformacoes(Informacoes info) { this.informacoes =
informacoes; }
}

public class Informacoes implements Serializable {
    private String documento;
    public Informacoes() {}
    public String getDocumento() { return this.documento; }
    public void setDocumento(String doc) { this.documento = doc; }
}

My servlet make the following call:

   protected void processRequest(HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response)
           throws ServletException, IOException {
     String acao = request.getParameter("acao");
     System.out.println("Acao = "+acao); // receive the correct value
either in Java 6 and Java 7: "avancar"

     BeanUtils.populate(bean, request.getParameterMap()); // doesn't
fill the values when using Java 7, but works well in Java 6.
   }

When running with Java 6, works fine, attribute is filled. When running
with Java 7 it doesn't. Does Java 7 add anything new in terms of
validator that would be conflicting?
I have commons-beanutils-1.8.3.jar in WEB-INF/lib, just to be sure...
and I don't have it in $TOMCAT/lib

Thanks,

Edson

Re: BeanUtils 1.8.3 not working with Java 7

Posted by Javin Paul <sa...@gmail.com>.
You are not alone, this happens to me in past as well. Computer is always
right :)

Thanks
Javin
http://javarevisited.blogspot.com/
Twitter : https://twitter.com/javinpaul

Re: BeanUtils 1.8.3 not working with Java 7

Posted by Edson Richter <ed...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Edson Richter <ed...@hotmail.com>.