Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/10 21:22:12 UTC

Upload broken on trunk?

I built trunk and started the webapp with mvn jetty:run.  Trying to
upload a jar resulted in an error page with an impressive stack trace:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /upload!doUpload.action. Reason:

    Could not initialize class
com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidatorFactory
Caused by:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidatorFactory
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidatorFileParser.addValidatorConfigs(ValidatorFileParser.java:192)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidatorFileParser.parseActionValidatorConfigs(ValidatorFileParser.java:72)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.loadFile(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java:361)

>From the logs:

2010-03-10 15:11:17.762::WARN:  Error for /upload!doUpload.action
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidatorFileParser.addValidatorConfigs(ValidatorFileParser.java:192)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidatorFileParser.parseActionValidatorConfigs(ValidatorFileParser.java:72)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.loadFile(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java:361)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not hierarchical
	at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:363)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidatorFactory.parseValidators(ValidatorFactory.java:323)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidatorFactory.<clinit>(ValidatorFactory.java:230)
	... 138 more
2010-03-10 15:11:17.782::WARN:  Nested in java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not hierarchical
	at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:363)

Is this expected because of some work in progress, or should it work?

--
Wendy

Re: Upload broken on trunk?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
The upload issue looks like it needs a Struts upgrade: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-2684. It also exists in Archiva 1.3.x.

The browse issue is new due to us using the Maven 3.0 libs internally, and they are trying to lookup stuff from Maven 2 running the app (though same problem using Maven 3, presumably because Jetty refers to the Maven 2 libraries as well). I'll see if Spring can ignore those components.xml's.

- Brett

Re: Upload broken on trunk?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Upload broken on trunk?