Posted to user@ant.apache.org by David Weller <dg...@yahoo.com> on 2000/08/08 22:31:19 UTC

another request for help....

It's been a busy Ant-day for me :-)

I want to call multiple targets with different parameters (I guess you could
call it parameter passing).  The concept is that I want to set properties like
this:
<property name="first" value="foo"/>
<property name="second" value="bar"/>

<property name="EJB_JAR" value="hc_ejb_${first}_${second}.jar"/>
<property name="outdir" value="com/baz/${first}/${second}";
<property name="EJB_TEMP" value="${ext.TEMP}/${outdir}"/>
<property name="EJB_CLIENT_CLASSES"
	value="${ext.CLIENT_CLASSES}/${EJB_DIRECTORY}"/>

Where ${first} and ${second} vary depending on the target (yes, this is a "real
world" example).  Since properties behave more like "final" variables in Java,
how do I accomplish this?  Am I trying to do the wrong thing?  I really don't
want to create 20 different buildfiles with the actual values of ${first} and
${second} hardcoded into them :-(

So how do I do this?  Do I need to use something different from properties?

http://invites.yahoo.com/