Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by donmai <do...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/25 18:30:10 UTC

Using HBase with a shared filesystem (gluster, nfs, s3, etc)

Hi,

I'm curious about how exactly region movement works with regard to data
transfer. To my understanding from the docs given an HDFS-backed cluster, a
region movement / transition involves changing things in meta only, all
data movement for locality is handled by HDFS. In the case where rootdir is
a shared file system, there shouldn't be any data movement with a region
reassignment, correct? I'm running into performance issues where region
assignment takes a very long time and I'm trying to figure out why.

Thanks!

Re: Using HBase with a shared filesystem (gluster, nfs, s3, etc)

Posted by donmai <do...@gmail.com>.
Got it, thanks!

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by donmai <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by donmai <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Using HBase with a shared filesystem (gluster, nfs, s3, etc)

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by donmai <do...@gmail.com>.
NFS

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.