Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by joeweder <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/21 23:11:25 UTC

How to get new csv data for each request

I have an HTTP Request HTTPClient that I want to feed with data from a csv
file. I have that working but the problem is that I want EACH request to get
new values from the csv file.

It only reads new data for each thread. So I am sending the same query every
time and I don't want that.

I tried the CSV Data Set Config and embedding the function into the request:
${__CSVRead(testdata.csv,0)}

Is there a controller that will pull new data?

Please help.

Re: How to get new csv data for each request

Posted by joeweder <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks sebb-2-2

In my HTTP Request I set the parameters as:
myparam1 | ${__CSVRead(output.csv,0)}
myparam2 | ${__CSVRead(output.csv,1)}${__CSVRead(output.csv,next())}
other...

Works great! It was in the documentation fine print but I missed it. Used
the Option->Function Helper. Functions were a new discovery as well.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.