Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Joanne Chan <jc...@shutterstock.com> on 2013/08/02 19:11:18 UTC

JDBC4 Mysql data exception on unsigned BIGINT column

I know this isn't pertaining only to sqoop, but it is what I use to
import data into hive and I keep getting this error because data is
out of range of a signed bigint.  Any help/pointer is appreciated

2013-08-02 12:45:38,028 ERROR
org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.db.DBRecordReader: Top level exception:

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLDataException:
'18446744073709551615' in column '15' is outside valid range for the
datatype BIGINT.
                              at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
                              at
                              at
                              at
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
                              at
com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:411)

--
-- JChan

Re: JDBC4 Mysql data exception on unsigned BIGINT column

Posted by Kathleen Ting <ka...@apache.org>.
Hi Joanne,

While BIGINT is supported, Sqoop cannot import values above a certain
range, which appears to be the problem you're facing.

One workaround is to add the parameter --map-column-java id=String to
your Sqoop command.

Regards,
Kate