Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jan Hoskens <jh...@schaubroeck.be> on 2004/12/10 11:45:39 UTC

Invalid Continuation ID

Hi all,

I have a site working with cocoon 2.1.5 and cforms. everything appears
to be fine, but today someone tried to access a particular form and got
the following exception:

ERROR   (2004-12-10) 11:21.46:174   [sitemap.handled-errors]
(/voorbereidingen/2010/Vb1_1_1_0_13_01_2005/continue.html)
Ajp13Processor[8013][9]/PipelineNode: The continuation ID
705b073d862e2d657e5b352b113451130f534f24 is invalid.
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.InvalidContinuationException: The
continuation ID 705b073d862e2d657e5b352b113451130f534f24 is invalid.

I tried the same from my end, but I did not get the exception (never had
this problem). Stranger still is that the person can edit/view other
forms,  but that one form always results in the same error when he tries
to submit it. As far as I can see all the forms work in a similar way,
and thus I'm a bit confused. How can one continuation work fine, while
another one doesn't? And taking into account that it does work with all
other pc/browser combinations??

Every hint is welcome here!

Kind regards,
Jan

Re: Invalid Continuation ID

Posted by Jan Hoskens <jh...@schaubroeck.be>.

Upayavira wrote:

> Jan Hoskens wrote:
>
>> I've let him log out of the system (even restart the browser) but he
>> still got the same error on that one form, but not on the other
>> forms. I cannot reproduce this error, but I guided the person through
>> some basic tests by phone conversation. This way I could let him edit
>> other forms and restart the whole process, but still with the same
>> result. (I got to add that by phone, you're never really sure the
>> person is doing what you think you've said ;-)) So I'm trying to
>> think of some extra things to check or test and to contact the person
>> again.
>

> One immediate question is "what is the continuation ID that is shown
> to be in error?" If he sees the same continuation ID each time, you
> know his browser is playing up, because Cocoon couldn't be serving the
> same continuation ID.

Shame on me not to think of that (looked in detail at one error only)!
You're right, the same ID is popping up on the errors (logged over
several days). So it's definitely the browser requesting an old flow ID
(it's IE , as you could have guessed).

So now I'll need to configure their IE correctly, update it or even
better : convince them to use firefox ;-).

Thanks a lot Upayavira!

Regards,
Jan

Re: Invalid Continuation ID

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.

Re: Invalid Continuation ID

Posted by Jan Hoskens <jh...@schaubroeck.be>.
I've let him log out of the system (even restart the browser) but he
still got the same error on that one form, but not on the other forms. I
cannot reproduce this error, but I guided the person through some basic
tests by phone conversation. This way I could let him edit other forms
and restart the whole process, but still with the same result. (I got to
add that by phone, you're never really sure the person is doing what you
think you've said ;-)) So I'm trying to think of some extra things to
check or test and to contact the person again.

Thanks for the reply,

Jan

Re: Invalid Continuation ID

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Dec 10, 2004, at 3:02 AM, Upayavira wrote:

> What happens if he logs out of the site, goes back in and finds his
> way to the faulty form. Does it still not work?

He shouldn't even have to log out... just refresh the page containing
the form, right?

Cheers,
~ml

Re: Invalid Continuation ID