Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Andrew Musselman <ak...@apache.org> on 2015/04/17 03:28:15 UTC

Re: Additional Travis-CI Capacity

We're asking ourselves the same thing on dev@mahout.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
It is a piece of cake for simple builds.

It required setting up a config file that is seen by travis ci on the
github repo.

If you use a maven build, this is dead simple.  Here, for instance, is the
entire config for the t-digest process from the .travis.yml file:

language: java
jdk:
   - oraclejdk7
   - openjdk7

I had to tell travis to look at the project but that was it.  Much simpler
than, say, Jenkins.  Bound to be less flexible as well, but if it does what
I want and is more reliable because of fewer corner cases, how bad can it
be to lose flexibility that I wouldn't use?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.