Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by P....@albourne.com on 2010/04/16 08:51:04 UTC

Re: FormClientPersistence for Tapestry5

Hi Stephan

If you do implement it please post a wiki article or something... this is a classic persistence strategy used heavily by platforms like ColdFusion (since version 3 and probably earlier), imho it would be a quite useful.

Cheers,
Peter

Posted by Stephan Windmüller <st...@cs.tu-dortmund.de>.
On 16.04.2010 08:51 P.Stavrinides@albourne.com wrote:

>>> Oups. It seems that I misunderstood the description. What I wanted
>>> was persisting values into hidden form field instead of the session.
>> It would only work inside a page. If you want to implement it,
>> implement a PersistentFieldStrategy and contribute it to the
>> PersistentFieldManager service.
> If you do implement it please post a wiki article or something... this
> is a classic persistence strategy used heavily by platforms like
> ColdFusion (since version 3 and probably earlier), imho it would be a
> quite useful.

Sorry, but I did not implement it. Instead I rearranged some persistence
behavior in my pages. Nonetheless I am still looking for a solution
like the above, too.

- Stephan