Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Olivier.Roger" <ol...@bsb.com> on 2010/09/24 11:54:48 UTC

[Splitter] stopOnException behavior

Hello Camel !

I am using Camel 2.4.

After reading the documentation I was still wondering how error handling can
be performed when using the splitter with POJO as aggregationStrategy.
My POJO mehod is returning a List<Message> Object containing all my parts.

I would like to avoid that only some part of my original message are sent to
the route in case of Exception, so I guess setting the stopOnException is
what I need.
Can I be sure that, in a transacted route, if a Exception occurs in the
split algorithm, everything will be rollbacked ?

Thanks in advance,

Olivier

Re: [Splitter] stopOnException behavior

Posted by "Olivier.Roger" <ol...@bsb.com>.
I had an older version of the book, chapter 8 was not available then.

I just updated and it seems to be what I was looking for ;) Thanks

Re: [Splitter] stopOnException behavior

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Olivier.Roger <ol...@bsb.com> wrote:

> Hello Camel !
>
> I am using Camel 2.4.
>
> After reading the documentation I was still wondering how error handling can
> be performed when using the splitter with POJO as aggregationStrategy.
> My POJO mehod is returning a List<Message> Object containing all my parts.
>
> I would like to avoid that only some part of my original message are sent to
> the route in case of Exception, so I guess setting the stopOnException is
> what I need.
> Can I be sure that, in a transacted route, if a Exception occurs in the
> split algorithm, everything will be rollbacked ?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Chapter 8 of the Camel in Action book goes in depth how to handle this
with the splitter EIP.

> Olivier

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer