Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Robert Quinlivan <rq...@signal.co> on 2017/03/24 20:52:13 UTC

Kafka producer does not respect added partitions

Hello,

I have added partitions to a topic. The new partitions appear in the
consumer assignments and in the topics listing they have the correct number
of ISRs. However, the producer still does not write to the new partitions.

My producer writes in a round-robin fashion, using the Cluster's reported
partition count. I have seen no mention of a need to restart or reconfigure
the producer in order to pick up the added partitions. Is this required?

Thanks
--
Robert Quinlivan
Software Engineer, Signal

Re: Kafka producer does not respect added partitions

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
producer refreshes the metadata for every metadata.max.age.ms (default
5min) to
discover new partitions.