Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Mark Balz <Ch...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/20 09:53:16 UTC

TC 3.3 -- user authorization not working correctly.

There seems to be some persistance of user authorization settings beyond
Tomcat's global-users.xml and auth-users.xml file, and Tomcat startup
and shutdown.  I can't seem to get the authorization to work in a
rational manner. I am only doing the simplest kind of authorization with
roles and a user.  What I have works but if I want to limit one user to
one role that is in turn only used in one web.xml, it just won't do it.
  Why??

I think Tomcat is the server-side equivalent of Netscape browsers -- a
time sink to be avoided.  However, I am relatively stuck with it now,
and would really appreciate any magic tips anyone might have out there.

Also, if anyone has any workarounds to keep Tomcat from throwing an
error when talking to N6/7/Moz over ssl, that would be appreciated.  (My
favorite situation was with Tomcat 3.2.4, which would completely crash
into a memory leak when hit with N6/7/Moz).  When the two team up,
they're really great!

Thank you in advance.
  - CB

--
". . . / This Cabinet is formd of Gold / And Pearl & Crystal shining bright
And within it opens into a World / . . .