Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Bogdan Solomon <bs...@ncct.uottawa.ca> on 2007/04/18 20:51:40 UTC

WSDM Metrics Example is incomplete

The example at
http://ws.apache.org/muse/docs/2.2.0/manual/how-to/add-metrics-to-properties.html
is incomplete and will result in an exception being thrown while the
endpoint is being initialized.

The description of

<wsrmd:Property name="myns:MyProperty" mutability="..." modifiability="...">

<muws2:Capability>http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsdm/muws/capabilities/Metrics</muws2:Capability>
   <muws2:TimeScope>Interval | PointInTime | SinceReset</muws2:TimeScope>
   <muws2:GatheringTime>OnChange | OnDemand | Periodic |
Unknown</muws2:GatheringTime>
   <muws2:CalculationInterval>an xsd:duration
value</muws2:CalculationInterval>
</wsrmd:Property>

is missing the <muws2:ChangeType>Counter|Gauge|Unknown</muws2:ChangeType>
definition, which will cause a NullPointerException being thrown in
getChangeType(String value) in
org.apache.muse.ws.dm.muws.impl.SimpleMetric.

Re: WSDM Metrics Example is incomplete

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
I fixed this in the next version of the docs, but I haven't updated the
web site yet.

Thanks,
Dan