Posted to dev@any23.apache.org by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2012/01/31 06:49:17 UTC

Stub Incubator report added for February 2012

...here: http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2012

Please review, update and comment.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Re: Semantic Web projects at Aapche

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 13/02/12 17:30, Lewis John Mcgibbney wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> I thought I would let this thread settle for a bit but it seems that there
> is nothing happening with it. My initial feels are that this has happened
> not because people do not have opinions or something, but rather there are
> other factors at play such as a general feeling that we are moving towards
> a release pending the issues discussed elsewhere.
>
> How about we visit this one when we have pushed 0.7.0?

At least. In the ideal world, there might be one Java API (even this is
arguable ... APIs reflect different system features ... lets skip that
for a bit).

Current code has made a choice, and current code works.  So are current
apps going to change?  Only at a very slow rate IMO - what's the
advantage to existing code?

Jena API on Sesame data as a bridge:

https://github.com/afs/JenaSesame

The reverse looks quite practical - Jena does have the facility to have
multiple presentation APIs over the storage abstraction of
Graph/Triple/Node.

There is a related issue in common access to facilities like storage and
SPARQL execution (which are big investments) but now the scope is
getting larger.

	Andy

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,

--
*Lewis*

Semantic Web projects at Aapche

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Re: Stub Incubator report added for February 2012

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
nice, thanks Chris! +1.
Tommaso

Posted by Michele Mostarda <mi...@gmail.com>.
That's perfect, thanks Chris.

The best.
Mic

--
Michele Mostarda
Senior Software Engineer

Re: Stub Incubator report added for February 2012

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guys,

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 21:49:17 -0800
"Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> ...here: http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2012
>
> Please review, update and comment.

Indeed, the big event seems to have been the arrival of code
and associated activity.  Well done folks!

Question: is there much material available elsewhere for the
website, or is most of what exists either @apache or
definitely not coming?  That might be worth a line in the
report.

Regarding committers, one individual was discussed.  I hope
it wasn't my comment that caused that discussion to peter out!
The discussion looked likely to lead to success in a [VOTE].

--
Nick Kew