Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rakhi Khatwani <rk...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/01 15:12:51 UTC

Solr Cloud/ Solr integration with zookeeper

Hi,
       I wanna use solr cloud. i downloaded the code from the trunk, and
successfully executed the examples as shown in wiki. but when i try the same
with multicore. i cannot access:
http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/admin/zookeeper.jsp

it says page not found.

Following is my configuration of solr.xml in multicore directory:
<solr persistent="false">

<!--
adminPath: RequestHandler path to manage cores.
If 'null' (or absent), cores will not be manageable via request handler
-->
<cores adminPath="/admin/cores" defaultCoreName="collection1">
<core name="GPTWPI" instanceDir="GPTWPI" shard="shard1"/>
<core name="BritGasAI" instanceDir="BritGasAI" shard="shard1" />
<!--
SolrCloud related attributes on core:
collection - The name of the collection this core belongs to.
Defaults to the name of the core.
shard - which shard of the collection this core has. Defaults
to a name derived from host:port_webapp_corename.
role - TBD
-->
</cores>

i have created zoo.cfg at the multicore directory with the following
configuration:
# The number of milliseconds of each tick
tickTime=2000
# The number of ticks that the initial
# synchronization phase can take
initLimit=10
# The number of ticks that can pass between
# sending a request and getting an acknowledgement
syncLimit=5

# the directory where the snapshot is stored.
# dataDir=/opt/zookeeper/data
# NOTE: Solr defaults the dataDir to <solrHome>/zoo_data

# the port at which the clients will connect
# clientPort=2181
# NOTE: Solr sets this based on zkRun / zkHost params

The command i run is:
java -Dsolr.solr.home=multicore -Dcollection.configName=myconf1 -DzkRun -jar
start.jar

Am i going wrong anywhere?

Alternatively can we run an external zookeeper server which can communicate
with solr servers(as clients) and show the status of each solr server.

Regards,
Raakhi

Re: Solr Cloud/ Solr integration with zookeeper

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: with multicore. i cannot access:
: http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/admin/zookeeper.jsp

why would you expect that URL to work?  you don't have a core named
"collection1" in the solr.xml you posted...

: <cores adminPath="/admin/cores" defaultCoreName="collection1">
: <core name="GPTWPI" instanceDir="GPTWPI" shard="shard1"/>
: <core name="BritGasAI" instanceDir="BritGasAI" shard="shard1" />

...the only time "collection1" appears is as the defaultCoreName, but
unless you have a core named "collection1" that's meaningless.

did you try http://localhost:8983/solr/GPTWPI/admin/zookeeper.jsp or
http://localhost:8983/solr/BritGasAI/admin/zookeeper.jsp ?

(Note: i know nothing about SolrCloud, i'm just commenting on
inconsistencies in your email)

-Hoss