Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mark Schoy <he...@gmx.de> on 2011/07/11 16:46:09 UTC

How to create a solr core if no solr cores were created before?

Hi,

I tried to create a solr core but I always get "No such solr core:"-Exception.

-----
File home = new File( pathToSolrHome );
File f = new File( home, "solr.xml" );

CoreContainer coreContainer = new CoreContainer();
coreContainer.load( pathToSolrHome, f );

EmbeddedSolrServer server = new EmbeddedSolrServer(coreContainer, "");
CoreAdminRequest.createCore("coreName", "coreDir", server);
-----

I think the problem is the "" in new EmbeddedSolrServer(coreContainer, "");

Thanks.

Re: How to create a solr core if no solr cores were created before?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
you need to give us some more info in order to give you meaningful
assistance..

1) what does your solr.xml look like?
2) what files/directories are in pathToSolrHome?
3) what is the full stack trace?

: Hi,
:
: -----
: File home = new File( pathToSolrHome );
: File f = new File( home, "solr.xml" );
:
: CoreContainer coreContainer = new CoreContainer();
: coreContainer.load( pathToSolrHome, f );
:
: EmbeddedSolrServer server = new EmbeddedSolrServer(coreContainer, "");
: CoreAdminRequest.createCore("coreName", "coreDir", server);
: -----
:
: I think the problem is the "" in new EmbeddedSolrServer(coreContainer, "");
:
: Thanks.
:

-Hoss

Re: How to create a solr core if no solr cores were created before?

Posted by Gabriele Kahlout <ga...@mysimpatico.com>.
if you need the core just for testing then use Solr test framework as in the
link.

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Mark Schoy <he...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Thanks for your answer, but your answer is a little bit useless for
> me. Could you please add more information in addition to this link?
>
> Do I have to create a "root" core to create other cores?
> How can I create a "root" core? Manually adding in the solr.xml config?

Should all be answered here See http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat
for multiple cores use solr.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<solr persistent="true" sharedLib="lib">
 <cores adminPath="/admin/cores" defaultCoreName="live" shareSchema="true">
  <core name="live" instanceDir="." dataDir="live" />
  <core name="test" instanceDir="." dataDir="test" />
 </cores>
</solr>

Posted by Mark Schoy <he...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Gabriele Kahlout <ga...@mysimpatico.com>.