Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Yves Arrouye <yv...@realnames.com> on 2000/08/03 03:22:23 UTC

Newbie question about Xerces' SAX implementation

Please pardon me if I'm asking a stupid question, but I couldn't access the
archives to see if somebody did before me :)

I was playing with the SAX implementation in Xerces, and had an XML file
like:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<rnef:update xmlns:rnef="urn:nobody-uses-urns-correctly:schema">
  <sometag>
  </sometag>
</rnef:update>

Now, if I look at what I have for name and qName in startElement on the
rnef:update tag, I get

    name    update
    qName   rnef:update

but in endElement I get

    name    rnef:update
    qName   rnef:update

How come I don't get update at the end of the element too? Is it to be
expected, and why?

Thanks!
YA

Re: Newbie question about Xerces' SAX implementation

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Yves Arrouye wrote:
> but in endElement I get
>
>     name    rnef:update
>     qName   rnef:update

This was a bug and I believe it's already been fixed. What version
of Xerces are you using? Have you tried 1.1.3?

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org