Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org> on 2014/03/24 17:52:15 UTC

[HEADS UP] Huge commits on master

I pushed quite a few commits to master a few minutes ago.  FWIW, that was
slightly not done on purpose, but I wanted to push the last fix to master
and ... everything went with it ;-)

Anyway, those commits are related to making Karaf more lightweight and
switching out blueprint to pure OSGi.  The code has been mostly unchanged
(i.e. mainly switching the blueprint xml to a BundleActivator class with
eventually a few very minor changes to the service implementation classes).

The end result is the following:
  * features/framework is bare to the down minimum: pax-url-aether,
pax-url-wrap (we could actually remote it), pax-logging, configadmin,
fileinstall, region/core and features/core
  * the default karaf distro is mostly unchanged, though everything is
installed through features, including the console
  * the minimal distribution does not install aries-blueprint, aries-proxy
and the shell compatibility (the previous shell console to support 2.x or
3.0 commands), so it's much more lightweight, even though some services
could be removed at will

Actually, I just spotted that the aries jars are still included in the
minimal distro, even if not installed, so I'll try to align the contained
bundles to those installed.

Again, that was not really intended, so if there's a push back, we can git
revert or force update ...

Guillaume

Re: [HEADS UP] Huge commits on master

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

I agree with Andreas: mvn version:set on master to define 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT
is OK IMHO.

Regards
JB

--