Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Menaka Jayawardena <me...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/14 20:08:43 UTC

Combining IntroduceCollectionRule with IntroduceIndexingRule

Hello,

With the approach of index centralization, both collection and indexing
functions have become very similar and shares most of the same code.

It's very clear in above two classes that there's not much difference
instead of creating the proper DataSource object.

So, I suppose that instead of two separate rules, this can be merged into
two sections of one common rule for index and collections.

I'd like to have any feedback about this suggestion.

Thank you very much
Menaka

--
*Menaka Madushanka Jayawardena*
Faculty of Engineering, <http://www.pdn.ac.lk/eng>

Re: Combining IntroduceCollectionRule with IntroduceIndexingRule

Posted by Steven Jacobs <sj...@ucr.edu>.
+1 on Till's comments.
Steven

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi,

generally, I\u2019m always in favor or removing redundant code! In this specific
case, I think that it would be good to consider 2 options:

1) Have one rule that does both.
2) Have 2 rules that inherit from a common superclass and only specialize
   what\u2019s needed for either collections or indexes.