Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2015/01/27 15:53:14 UTC

[proton]: proposed change from on_credit to on_sendable

The current engine examples in python make use of an
OutgoingMessageHandler, that arranges for a callback to be made when the
sender has credit. At present that callback is called on_credit. However
I would like to change this to the slightly more general on_sendable.

By being more generally applicable, it will allow for some evolution of
the exact semantics (e.g. at present it takes no account of whether the
socket is writable, but perhaps in future it could).

Re: [proton]: proposed change from on_credit to on_sendable

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, 2015-01-27 at 10:33 -0500, Ted Ross wrote:
> +1.  I like this change.
>
> -Ted
>
> On 01/27/2015 09:53 AM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> > The current engine examples in python make use of an
> > OutgoingMessageHandler, that arranges for a callback to be made when the
> > sender has credit. At present that callback is called on_credit. However
> > I would like to change this to the slightly more general on_sendable.
> >
> > By being more generally applicable, it will allow for some evolution of
> > the exact semantics (e.g. at present it takes no account of whether the
> > socket is writable, but perhaps in future it could).

+1 but I'd keep on_credit to mean just that as it might be relevant to
some applications - e.g. when you have credit you signal some async
process that prepares a message, but you're not yet ready to send it.

Re: [proton]: proposed change from on_credit to on_sendable

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
+1.  I like this change.