Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Brian Donaldson <br...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/19 21:05:35 UTC

Pig local mode

I have a few questions:
1) Is 0.5 the last version of Pig to have its own local mode?  It's
quite fast!
2) When using Pig's local mode with large aggregate jobs, I often run
out of memory.  What's the best way to boost the available heap space?

-Brian

Sent from outer space.

Re: Pig local mode

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Brian Donaldson <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a few questions:
> 1) Is 0.5 the last version of Pig to have its own local mode?  It's quite
> fast!

                * -- It seems pig 0.7 will move to hadoop local mode. Refer
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-1053*

> 2) When using Pig's local mode with large aggregate jobs, I often run out
> of memory.  What's the best way to boost the available heap space?

               * -- You can set jvm argument like -Xmx1024m to increase the
heap size.*

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang