Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mayur Agrawal <ma...@Row2Technologies.com> on 2002/01/30 05:56:23 UTC

urgent!

Hi All,

	I want to display a SVG using batik api.
	So for the purpose we are using JSVGComponent from
org.apache.batik.swing.svg.JSVGComponent

	Right now we are using the following technique

		JSVGComponent svgcomp=new JSVGComponent();

svgcomp.loadSVGDocument("file://r2deploy/ProcessChem/svg/compounds/596.svg")
;

	This works very fine, but we are in need of a method in batik API,
which uses String parameter (an SVG String), which will
	directly take a SVG String as a parameter and display it.

	So we wanted to know,
		Do we have an option for this purpose ?

	Please help and guide for the same

Regards
Mayur

Re: urgent!

Posted by Vincent Hardy <vi...@sun.com>.
Mayur,

You can turn your string into an SVGDocument and then use the
setSVGDocument method on JSVGComponent.

To find out how to build a document from your string, see:

http://xml.apache.org/batik/domapi.html

there is a section on "Creating a Document from a SVG file" which is
the same code you can use for building from a String, except that you'll
have to use createDocument(uri, reader) instead of the straight
uri based createDocument.

I have attached a quick code example.

I hope this helps,
Vincent.