Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Udara Liyanage <ud...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/10 08:37:07 UTC

How to get reference to FloatingIpAPI in Neutron

Hi,

I was able to get reference to PortAPI and NetworkAPi, but not to
FloatingIpAPI. Any help is appriciated.

neutronApi = ContextBuilder.newBuilder(provider)
            .credentials(identity, password)
            .endpoint(endpoint)
            .modules(modules)
            .buildApi(NeutronApi.class);

I am using Jclouds 1.8.0 version.

--
Udara S.S Liyanage.
Software Engineer at WSO2.

RE: How to get reference to FloatingIpAPI in Neutron

Posted by Zack Shoylev <za...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
I am not sure associating a floating IP to a specific port/interface (as opposed to an instance) is possible with nova. I am pretty sure it is possible with neutron, but all the nova examples I have seen associate a floating ip and an instance.
In fact, if you check what gets passed to the service with addToServer, you will see that an IP address gets associated to an instance.

On the other hand, if you use neutron instead, I think you might be able to use RouterApi.addInterfaceForPort where you can associate the floatingIP ID of your floatingIP to the right port with the fixed ip of the instance.
________________________________
Posted by Ambadas Ramanna Adam <Am...@infosys.com>.
Hi Udara,

In your code, you are using ip("192.168.16.66"). This seems to indicate that you have this IP already created somehow. Not sure if it will work this way.
Try changing it to use pool(publicPoolName) and see if it works.

Regards,
Ambadas Ramanna Adam

[...]

11.                 instanceId("231c1871-0b54-4af6-afe6-c868b44c2307").

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ambadas,