Posted to commits@myfaces.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/06/15 20:10:56 UTC

[Myfaces Wiki] Update of "FAQ" by DNXSolutions

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Myfaces Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by DNXSolutions:
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/FAQ

  Alternatively you register your own converter to override the standard converter, causing your custom code
  to be applied by default to all date->string conversions.
+
+ === How can datascroller manage JSP file with URL parameter? ===
+ Context:
+
+ I'm using the version 1.1.3 of MyFaces and Tomahawk.
+
+ When I call a JSP file with URL, lets say product.jsf?cat=java, with a datascroller inside product.jsp, everything works properly. The rows on the datatable are displayed correctly. And the data filter, cat=java, is processed by a java bean controller. This is a classic example to use component with JSF and MyFaces.
+
+ Problem:
+
+ When I press next button on datascroller, the URL called is product.jsf instead of product.jsf?cat=java, and no data is rendered because that SQL statement needs a parameter value cat=Java.
+
+ I tried <t:saveState id="cat" value="#{productCtrl.cat}"/>, but still product.jsf called.
+
+ I think it's a bug of design. I mean, on the datascroller specification, there is no property to tell that we must keep rewritten URL.
+
+ Does anybody met this problem?
+
+ DNX

  === How can I access one Managed Bean from another? ===
  [#Bean permlink]