Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vidhyashankar Venkataraman <vi...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2010/08/18 04:39:39 UTC

Hbase 0.89-hadoop version mismatch errors..

I seem to have gotten into some version mismatch issues..

When I try to start HBAse 0.89 along with Hadoop 0.20.100, Hbase fails to start up with these errors in the namenode whioch leads to exceptions in master and regionservers..

Errors in namenode of this form:
WARN org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: Incorrect header or version mismatch from 67.195.58.183:41454 got version 3 expected version 4

The only place where I saw a hbase dependency on hadoop configs was while setting HADOOP_CLASSPATH which has been set to the right jar file now after which I restarted Hadoop.. Are there any other places I may have to change the dependency?

Thank you in advance,
Vidhya

Re: Hbase 0.89-hadoop version mismatch errors..

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Vidhyashankar Venkataraman
<vi...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> I seem to have gotten into some version mismatch issues..
>
> When I try to start HBAse 0.89 along with Hadoop 0.20.100, Hbase fails to start up with these errors in the namenode whioch leads to exceptions in master and regionservers..

Did you put the hadoop jar you are using under $HBASE_HOME/lib?  Maybe
thats the issue?

St.Ack

Re: Hbase 0.89-hadoop version mismatch errors..

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Vidhyashankar Venkataraman
<vi...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> ....: I am actually testing the db on 700 nodes (gulp)..

Wheeee!!!!!
St.Ack

Re: Hbase 0.89-hadoop version mismatch errors..

Posted by Vidhyashankar Venkataraman <vi...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Thank you guys! I proceeded to use a lower version of Hadoop for my tests: I am actually testing the db on 700 nodes (gulp)..

On 8/21/10 9:13 AM, "Todd Lipcon" <to...@cloudera.com> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 8:48 PM, Alexey Kovyrin <al...@kovyrin.net> wrote:

> Any ETA on b3?

Not sure I'm allowed to say the date, but in the next couple months :) Lots
of work still to be done to add and test security support across all the
different components.

-Todd

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Alexey Kovyrin <al...@kovyrin.net>.