Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Binita Bharati <bi...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/16 09:24:30 UTC

Config.TOPOLOGY_MESSAGE_TIMEOUT_SECS has no effect?

Hi all,

I have the following simple topology:

Spout1 -> Bolt1

1)Spout1
- emits anchored tuples ( collector.emit(new Values(emitWord), msgId); )
- overrides fail method in BaseRichSpout.

2)Bolt1
-delays the processing of the received tuple by invoking a Thread.sleep
> Config.TOPOLOGY_MESSAGE_TIMEOUT_SECS.

I expected the tuples to timeout and the fail method in Spout1 to be
invoked.
But, fail method never gets invoked. What am I missing ?

-Binita

Re: Config.TOPOLOGY_MESSAGE_TIMEOUT_SECS has no effect?

Posted by Binita Bharati <bi...@gmail.com>.
The issue is resolved now.

The nextTuple method in my Spout had a call to
backtype.storm.utils.Utils.sleep method - I removed that.
Also, I explicitly set the TOPOLOGY_MESSAGE_TIMEOUT_SECS by doing a
conf.setMessageTimeoutSecs(conf,
20);