Posted to users@hudi.apache.org by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> on 2020/09/03 20:59:25 UTC

Congrats to our newest committers!

Hi all,

I am really excited to share the good news about our new committers on the
project!

*Udit Mehrotra *: Udit has travelled with the project since sept/oct last
year and immensely helped us making Hudi work well with the AWS ecosystem.
His most notable contributions are towards driving large parts of the
implementation of RFC-12, Hive/Spark integration points. He has also helped
our users in various tricky issues.

*Gary Li:* Gary is a great success story for the project, starting out as
an early user and steadily grown into a strong contributor, who has
demonstrated the ability to take up challenging implementations (e.g Impala
support, MOR snapshot query impl on Spark), as well as patiently
iterate through feedback and evolve the design/code. He has also been
helping users on Slack and mailing lists

*Raymond Xu:* Raymond has also been a consistent feature on our mailing
lists, slack and github. He has been proposing immensely valuable
test/tooling improvements. He has contributed a great deal of code as well,
towards the same. Many many users thank Raymond for the generous help on
Slack.

*Pratyaksh Sharma:* This is yet another great example of user ->
contributor -> committer. Pratyaksh has been a great champion for the
project, over the past year or so, steadily contributing many improvements
around the Delta Streamer tool.

Please join me in, congratulating them on this well deserved milestone!

Onwards and upwards,
Vinoth

Re: Congrats to our newest committers!

Posted by Pratyaksh Sharma <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you so much everyone!

Posted by Gary Li <ga...@outlook.com>.

Posted by Bhavani Sudha <bh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nishith <n3...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations all!

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
my bad. all 4.

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 8:48 AM vino yang <ya...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Congrats to all 3!
>
> Best,
> Vino
>
> Balaji Varadarajan <v....@ymail.com.invalid> 于2020年9月4日周五 上午10:25写道:
>
> >  Udit, Gary, Raymond and Pratyaksh,
> > Many congratulations :) Well deserved. Looking forward to your continued
> > contributions.
> > Balaji.V
> >     On Thursday, September 3, 2020, 07:19:45 PM PDT, Sivabalan <
> > n.siva.b@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  Congrats to all 3. Much deserved and really excited to see more
> committers
> > 😊
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 9:23 PM leesf <le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Congrats everyone, well deserved !
> > >

> > > selvaraj periyasamy <se...@gmail.com> 于2020年9月4日周五
> > >
> > > 上午5:05写道:

> > on

> sept/oct
> > > last

> the

> also

> > out
> > > as

> (e.g

> been

> > mailing

> as

> help
> > > on

> the

> > milestone!

> > > --
> > Regards,
> > -Sivabalan

-Sivabalan

Re: Congrats to our newest committers!

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
Congrats to all 3!

Posted by Balaji Varadarajan <v....@ymail.com.INVALID>.
    On Thursday, September 3, 2020, 07:19:45 PM PDT, Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> wrote:

 Congrats to all 3. Much deserved and really excited to see more committers
😊

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 9:23 PM leesf <le...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Congrats everyone, well deserved !
>

> selvaraj periyasamy <se...@gmail.com> 于2020年9月4日周五
>
> 上午5:05写道:
>

> > Congrats everyone !
>

> > On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 1:59 PM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
>

> > > Hi all,
>

> > > I am really excited to share the good news about our new committers on
>
> > the
>
> > > project!
>

> > > *Udit Mehrotra *: Udit has travelled with the project since sept/oct
> last
>
> > > year and immensely helped us making Hudi work well with the AWS
>
> > ecosystem.
>
> > > His most notable contributions are towards driving large parts of the
>
> > > implementation of RFC-12, Hive/Spark integration points. He has also
>
> > helped
>
> > > our users in various tricky issues.
>

> > > *Gary Li:* Gary is a great success story for the project, starting out
> as
>
> > > an early user and steadily grown into a strong contributor, who has
>
> > > demonstrated the ability to take up challenging implementations (e.g
>
> > Impala
>
> > > support, MOR snapshot query impl on Spark), as well as patiently
>
> > > iterate through feedback and evolve the design/code. He has also been
>
> > > helping users on Slack and mailing lists
>

> > > *Raymond Xu:* Raymond has also been a consistent feature on our mailing
>
> > > lists, slack and github. He has been proposing immensely valuable
>
> > > test/tooling improvements. He has contributed a great deal of code as
>
> > well,
>
> > > towards the same. Many many users thank Raymond for the generous help
> on
>
> > > Slack.
>

> > > *Pratyaksh Sharma:* This is yet another great example of user ->
>
> > > contributor -> committer. Pratyaksh has been a great champion for the
>
> > > project, over the past year or so, steadily contributing many
>
> > improvements
>
> > > around the Delta Streamer tool.
>

> > > Please join me in, congratulating them on this well deserved milestone!
>

> > > Onwards and upwards,
>
> > > Vinoth

-Sivabalan

Re: Congrats to our newest committers!

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
Congrats to all 3. Much deserved and really excited to see more committers
😊

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 9:23 PM leesf <le...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Congrats everyone, well deserved !
>

> selvaraj periyasamy <se...@gmail.com> 于2020年9月4日周五
>
> 上午5:05写道:
>

> > Congrats everyone !
>

> > On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 1:59 PM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
>

> > > Hi all,
>

> > > I am really excited to share the good news about our new committers on
>
> > the
>
> > > project!
>

> > > *Udit Mehrotra *: Udit has travelled with the project since sept/oct
> last
>
> > > year and immensely helped us making Hudi work well with the AWS
>
> > ecosystem.
>
> > > His most notable contributions are towards driving large parts of the
>
> > > implementation of RFC-12, Hive/Spark integration points. He has also
>
> > helped
>
> > > our users in various tricky issues.
>

> > > *Gary Li:* Gary is a great success story for the project, starting out
> as
>
> > > an early user and steadily grown into a strong contributor, who has
>
> > > demonstrated the ability to take up challenging implementations (e.g
>
> > Impala
>
> > > support, MOR snapshot query impl on Spark), as well as patiently
>
> > > iterate through feedback and evolve the design/code. He has also been
>
> > > helping users on Slack and mailing lists
>

> > > *Raymond Xu:* Raymond has also been a consistent feature on our mailing
>
> > > lists, slack and github. He has been proposing immensely valuable
>
> > > test/tooling improvements. He has contributed a great deal of code as
>
> > well,
>
> > > towards the same. Many many users thank Raymond for the generous help
> on
>
> > > Slack.
>

> > > *Pratyaksh Sharma:* This is yet another great example of user ->
>
> > > contributor -> committer. Pratyaksh has been a great champion for the
>
> > > project, over the past year or so, steadily contributing many
>
> > improvements
>
> > > around the Delta Streamer tool.
>

> > > Please join me in, congratulating them on this well deserved milestone!
>

> > > Onwards and upwards,
>
> > > Vinoth

-Sivabalan

Re: Congrats to our newest committers!