Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Balaji Ganesan <ba...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/13 12:10:38 UTC

Revising Ranger UI menu

Hi All,

There is some thought to streamline the UI given that we are adding a
permissions screen and KMS support. The menu is getting crowded.

The idea is to change top level menu and introduce sub menu. Here is what
the menu structure could look like

*Access Manager* (change the name from policy manager)

sub-menu: Resource Based Policies (default)

sub-menu: Reports (moved from top-level)

Auditing  (stays the same as before)

*Settings *(new top menu item)

sub-menu: Users/Groups

sub-menu: Permissions

*Encryption *

sub-menu: Encryption policies

sub-menu: KMS

Attaching a mock that team has built in. Let me know if anyone has any
inputs on this change and whether it makes sense.

Re: Revising Ranger UI menu

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Balaji, I donĀ¹t think you can have attachments in Apache mails. You can you
upload it to our wiki to other public URL.

Thanks

Bosco

From:  Balaji Ganesan <ba...@gmail.com>
Date:  Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 11:22 AM