Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Nathan Voxland <na...@sundog.net> on 2005/10/06 08:33:48 UTC

Hoople 1.0 RC1

I have posted version 1.0 RC 1 of Hoople, a tool to help with the
management of struts-config.xml files (among other things) at
http://www.sundog.net/hoople <http://www.sundog.net/hoople> . =20 =20
Hoople allows me to split up my struts-config.xml, etc. file and have an
actual file on the filesystem for each URL the system will have. Each of
those files contains the configuration for that URL that would have gone
into the main config file.

Besides making knowing which URLs are available on the system and making
merging with multiple developers easier,=20 the welcome-file-list
actually works for URLs managed by Struts because the application server
sees there is a file there and doesn't simply return a 404 error without
seeing what servlets would respond to it.  We've used it internally for
several years and have found it makes managing the struts-config.xml
file much easier.

I've done some testing of it and it should work fine for everyone. I've
marked at as a release candidate rather than final to give people time
to finds any bugs and/or have suggestions that may change the API before
the API is frozen.

Also, any suggestions on the documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Nathan