Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by we...@gmx.net on 2010/05/03 16:40:10 UTC

Problems with setSelectedPath and TreeView

Hi!

I've got a searchfunction for elements in my treeview.
The result of the search function is a path to the searched node.

The problem now is, that the treeView doesn't want's to expand the branch and set the selection.

Even resetting the actual selection doesn't work.

public void buttonPressed(Button button) {
	String term = searchTerm.getText();
	if(term.trim().length() == 0)
		return;
	//Path path = searchById(term);
	//Path path = new Path(0,0,0,1);
	Path path = treeView.getSelectedPath();
	//Alert.alert("Hab da was: " + path.toString(), window.getDisplay());
	if(path != null) {
		treeView.collapseAll();
	        treeView.expandBranch(path);
	        treeView.setSelectedPath(path);
		}
	}

As result I see a completely collapsed tree.

What's wrong?

thx!

Re: Problems with setSelectedPath and TreeView

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
I'm not as familiar with the inner workings of TreeView as Todd is, but I suspect that you may have to expand all branches in the path. Let me know if that doesn't work.