Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Prabhjot Bharaj <pr...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/29 19:27:29 UTC

Re: Connection to zk shell on Kafka

Sure. It would be great if you could as well explain the reason why the
absence of the jar creates this problem

Also, I'm surprised that zookeeper that comes bundled with kafka 0.8.2 does
not have the jline jar

Regards,
prabcs

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 10:45 PM, Chris Barlock <ba...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> You need the jline JAR file that ships with ZooKeeper.
>
> Chris
>
> IBM Tivoli Systems
> Research Triangle Park, NC
> (919) 224-2240
> Internet:  barlock@us.ibm.com
>

> From:   Prabhjot Bharaj <pr...@gmail.com>
> To:     users@kafka.apache.org, user@zookeeper.apache.org
> Date:   07/29/2015 01:13 PM
> Subject:        Connection to zk shell on Kafka
>

> Hi folks,
>
> */kafka/bin# ./zookeeper-shell.sh localhost:2182/*
>
> *Connecting to localhost:2182/*
>
> *Welcome to ZooKeeper!*
>
> *JLine support is disabled*
>

>  *WATCHER::*
>

>  *WatchedEvent state:SyncConnected type:None path:null*
>

> *<The shell never says connected>*
>
> I'm running 5 node zookeeper cluster on 5-node kafka cluster (each kafka
> broker has 1 zookeeper server running)
>
> When I try connecting to the shell, the shell never says 'Connected'
>

> However, if I try connecting on another standalone zookeeper  which has no
> links to kafka, I'm able to connect:-
>

> */kafka/bin# /zookeeper/scripts/zkCli.sh -server 127.0.0.1:2181
> <http://127.0.0.1:2181>*
>
> *Connecting to 127.0.0.1:2181 <http://127.0.0.1:2181>*
>
> *Welcome to ZooKeeper!*
>
> *JLine support is enabled*
>

> *WATCHER::*
>

> *WatchedEvent state:SyncConnected type:None path:null*
>
> *[zk: 127.0.0.1:2181(CONNECTED) 0]*
>
> Am I missing something?
>

> Thanks,
>
> prabcs

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand
binary, and those who don't"

Re: Connection to zk shell on Kafka

Posted by Jiangjie Qin <jq...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
This looks an issue to be fixed. I created KAFKA-2385 for this.

Thanks,

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin

From:   Prabhjot Bharaj <pr...@gmail.com>
To:     user@zookeeper.apache.org, dev@kafka.apache.org