Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/13 20:51:25 UTC

Tapernate anyone ?

I have been using Tapernate more and more lately, and would really
~love~ to get my hands on some of the source code in such a way that
it is more conveniently available / documented for all.

Is there any hope of getting even a snapshot version of some sort of
"licensing click through" plugin for maven? Is it a modification of an
existing plugin or just a brand new thing? If it's new I think we can
host it in the tapestry snapshot repos ...Otherwise maybe I can help
try and move things along in maven land if it's getting held up there.

I think it would make sense to have it live as a bonafied sub-project
of tapestry.apache.org, but maybe others think it should live
elsewhere? (perhaps as a sub-project of hivemind.apache.org
originally, with tapestry specific stuff existing under
tapestry.apache.org? I think that might get confusing but who knows..)

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: Tapernate anyone ?

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
D&J Gredler wrote:
> It might be possible to produce custom snapshots of these three
> modules for
> internal use, but without the settings info it would prompt the user
> about
> unknown licenses each and every time, instead of saving the response. If
> anyone knows Jason, maybe they can give him a friendly nudge?
Let me give it a try ;) I'll report back as soon as i know more

--
Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer

Re: Tapernate anyone ?

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know, the settings file is the correct place to store the
information. Brett Porter has done a couple of informal code reviews on the
patch and seems to be in agreement. A temp file would definitely be an
option though, especially if all we want is a temporary solution internal to
Tapestry.

Re: Tapernate anyone ?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Ah .