Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Grant Peel <gp...@thenetnow.com> on 2007/04/23 15:38:41 UTC

Newbie Questions.

Hi all,

I have been using SA for a number of years now, but have not had enough time to become intimate with some of its finer points.

Current Setup is:

FreeBSD 6.2
SA-3.1.8
Exim 4.63

I am using spamd/spamc pair.

The setup if a virtual pop3 mailbox, as routed through exim. Exim receives the email, passes to spamd, then written to the local mailbox. (the virtual mailboxes are kept in a 'real unix user's' /mail directory.

If anyone can manage the time, I am looking for the answers to a few questions:

1. sa-update. After wrestling with a number of required modules, I ran sa-update with the --checkonly option, but it did not return any messages. I then ran it using only the switch --updatedir. It created a couple of what appear to be accounting files, and a new directory'updates_spamassassin_org" witch appear to contain the new rulesets. Are these rulesets simply meant to replace the ones in my site wide conf? (/usr/local/share/spamassassin). If so, is there a way to tell the command line to simply out them in there instead of creating the new directory and forcing me to copy them over?

2. Someone suggested I enable (or check to see if it is enabled) DNS tests. What config file/option can I look for to see if this is indeed enabled?

3. A while back, I turned off bayes database due to the huge files it creates in the users directories. Is there a way to manage the size of these files?

4. On this Spamassassin site, under optimization,. it reccomends that people not use "sa-blacklist" and "sa-blacklist-uri" for performance reasons. Where might I check to see if they are enabled? How would I turn them off?

5. Dare I ask if some wants to summerize the Razor installation process? (I keep going in circles on this). According to me, I have Razor installed, but no not how to intigrate it with SA.

Thanks for your time,

-Grant

Re: Newbie Questions.

Posted by Rajkumar S <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 4/23/07, Grant Peel <gp...@thenetnow.com> wrote:
> 5. Dare I ask if some wants to summerize the Razor installation process?

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RazorSiteWide

This works for me.

raj