Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/04 15:19:23 UTC

Cleanup of versions in JIRA

Hi,

there's a bunch of versions in JIRA that seem obsolete now: <
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:roadmap-panel&allVersions=true

These have either been released or will never be released (probably at
least. Or is anyone working on things like 0.10.1?):

0.10.1
0.11.1
vectorization-branch
ptf-windowing-branch
tez-branch
spark-branch
0.12.1
0.15.0
cbo-branch
0.14.1
encryption-branch
0.13

Not sure what's up with parquet-branch?

I don't have the permissions to delete those or mark them as released.

Cheers,
Lars

Re: Cleanup of versions in JIRA

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@gmail.com>.
Regarding the versions for major feature branches, once the work in a
branch is merged into a main release line, the branch names in fix
version should be replaced with the version number being used for the
main development line(s) it was merged into.
We could do the same regarding affects version, and then remove these
version numbers once they are no longer used in jiras.

Regarding the release versions, such as 0.10.1, if there are any
additional fixes that went into 0.10 branch after the release, using
that as the fix version is appropriate. That can be useful information
for anyone trying out those branches.
0.13 is certainly not a correct fix version, we should remove that.

I will add you as an admin to jira. Please discuss in the mailing list
before removing specific branches.