Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Michael Cohen (ETL)" <mi...@etl.ericsson.se> on 2000/11/17 16:58:51 UTC

Tomcat + JNI

Hi,

I have just installed Apache1.3.14 + modssl + tomcat 3.2b5 on Solaris 2.6
and am trying to call a native method from my servlet (this worked fine
under JavaWebServer2.0).

The shared library is definitely being loaded (ie no exception is thrown when I tried
to load it separately, the lib is on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc) but "UnsatisfiedLinkError"
is still being thrown indicating the implementation of  the native method is not
found.

I havent done anything special to tomcat for JNI, I was a bit baffled by the purpose
jni_server.xml and jni_workers.properties files! I only need to call a C program from
within a class called by the servlet, don't need to call java methods from the native
code.

Has anyone come across anything like this?

Many thanks,

Mike.