Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> on 2000/12/27 17:06:13 UTC

Re: Cocoon-2.0 release for the unfortunate ones

Hi Giacomo, Dev-Team,
I know a lot of stuff needs to get done still. Should we take a vote? Numerous queries like this
have gone unanswered :(

Thanks,
dims

--- "Rajkumar, Joseph" <ra...@orionsci.com> wrote:
> Hi
>     I am one of those unfortunate to be able to cvs to get the
> Cocoon-2.0, because we are behind a firewall and hence cannot
> do cvs.
>
>    I would like to know when a (any) release of Cocoon-2.0 will
> be available for the unfortunate ones like me.
>
> Regards
> Joseph Rajkumar
>

> .
> kumar
>

> .

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

[C2]Sitemap generation memory usage [was : The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available]

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Hi,

First, a happy new year to all of you.

I encountered this same problem just before going on holidays, and I
observed that the same C2 and Tomcat (3.2.1) configuration fails with a
standard JDK1.2.2 (_sitemap_xmap.java isn't generated) but runs well
with hotspot 2.0.

I observed the memory consuption of the JVM and came to the following
conclusion : the sitemap code generator eats up a lot of memory (up to
72 megs on my win2K PC). Standard JDK 1.2.2 (no hotspot) limits memory
usage to 64 megs and so this leads to an out of memory (in Xalan ?),
while the Hotspot doesn't have this limitation.

To confirm this, I added a "-Xmx128m" to the startup command of Tomcat
(allow up to 128 megs of memory) with the standard JDK and C2 runs just
fine.

I didn't look at sitemap.xsl, but maybe that's where we should search :
are there some recursive templates in it that could cause this high
memory usage ?

Hope this helps.

Klaus Drechsler wrote :

> Hi,
>
> I did the following:
>
> 1. Installed Tomcat4-m5
> 2. replaced crimson an jax with xerces
> 3. build cocoon.war
> 4. copied cocoon.war to webapps
>
> http://localhost:8080 works fine!
>
> http://localhost:8080/cocoon gives me the following error message
> (output in the browser window + log entries):
>
> What should I do to get Cocoon2 to work?
>
> type internal-server-error
> message The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available.
> description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's
> sitemap is not available.

<snip/>
--
Sylvain Wallez
Anyware Technologies

[C2] The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available

Posted by Klaus Drechsler <dr...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

I did the following:

1. Installed Tomcat4-m5
2. replaced crimson an jax with xerces
3. build cocoon.war
4. copied cocoon.war to webapps

http://localhost:8080 works fine!

http://localhost:8080/cocoon gives me the following error message
(output in the browser window + log entries):

What should I do to get Cocoon2 to work?

type internal-server-error
message The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available.
description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's
sitemap is not available.
source Cocoon servlet
request-uri
/cocoon/
path-info
stacktrace
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's sitemap is not
available.
         at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:88)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:317)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:251)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:977)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:196)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:977)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2038)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:161)
         at org.apache.catalina.valves.ValveBase.invokeNext(ValveBase.java:242)
         at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:414)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:975)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:159)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:977)
         at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:811)
         at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:890)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

And here are the cocoon log entries:

WARN    1480    [cocoon  ] (Thread-2): Language Exception
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Can't load program
- File doesn't exist:
.\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.CompiledProgrammingLanguage.load(CompiledProgrammingLanguage.java:132)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:173)
         at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:162)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
ERROR   10270   [cocoon  ] (Thread-2): Error compiling sitemap
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
_sitemap_xmap:
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:20:
Class javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest not found in import.
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:22:
Class org.apache.avalon.Configurable not found in import.
import org.apache.avalon.Configurable;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:23:
Class org.apache.avalon.Configuration not found in import.
import org.apache.avalon.Configuration;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:24:
Class org.apache.avalon.ConfigurationException not found in import.
import org.apache.avalon.ConfigurationException;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:25:
Class org.apache.avalon.DefaultConfiguration not found in import.
import org.apache.avalon.DefaultConfiguration;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:26:
Class org.apache.avalon.Parameters not found in import.
import org.apache.avalon.Parameters;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:28:
Class org.apache.regexp.RE not found in import.
import org.apache.regexp.RE;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:29:
Class org.apache.regexp.REProgram not found in import.
import org.apache.regexp.REProgram;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:31:
Class org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon not found in import.
import org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:32:
Class org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException not found in import.
import org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:33:
Class org.apache.cocoon.acting.Action not found in import.
import org.apache.cocoon.acting.Action;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:34:
Class org.apache.cocoon.environment.Environment not found in import.
import org.apache.cocoon.environment.Environment;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:35:
Class org.apache.cocoon.matching.Matcher not found in import.
import org.apache.cocoon.matching.Matcher;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:36:
Class org.apache.cocoon.selection.Selector not found in import.
import org.apache.cocoon.selection.Selector;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:37:
Class org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap not found in import.
import org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:38:
Class org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.ComponentHolder not found in import.
import org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.ComponentHolder;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:39:
Class org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.ResourcePipeline not found in import.
import org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.ResourcePipeline;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:40:
Class org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Sitemap not found in import.
import org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Sitemap;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:41:
Class org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.ErrorNotifier not found in import.
import org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.ErrorNotifier;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:42:
Class org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager not found in import.
import org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager;
        ^
Line 0, column 0:
C:\temp\tomcat\work\localhost\cocoon\_C_\_temp\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java:51:
Superclass org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap of class
_C_._temp._tomcat._webapps._cocoon._sitemap_xmap not found.
public class _sitemap_xmap extends AbstractSitemap {
                                    ^

         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JavaLanguage.compile(JavaLanguage.java:183)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.CompiledProgrammingLanguage.load(CompiledProgrammingLanguage.java:140)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:233)
         at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:162)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
DEBUG   10270   [cocoon  ] (HttpProcessor[8080][4]): Sitemap regeneration
complete
ERROR   10270   [cocoon  ] (HttpProcessor[8080][4]): Problem with servlet
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's sitemap is not
available.
         at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:88)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:317)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCha

--------------------------------------
Farewell! I will omit no opportunity
That may convey my greetings, love, to thee.
Romeo&Juliet
                         (Act III, Scene V)
--------------------------------------
PGP-Key: http://www.kdnet.de/pgp

Re: Cocoon-2.0 release for the unfortunate ones

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.

"Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:

> Alpha dists are a pain to maintain, as if they're found, people will start
> complaining about bugs :) If they're "available" only to the members of
> cocoon-dev, that would be cool, but I wouldn't place 'em in a more
> cospicuous location than your home page...

The comments are cristal clear and I thank you guy to strengthen my
position to not release any alpha code for the public.

Giacomo

Re: Cocoon-2.0 release for the unfortunate ones

Posted by Ceki Gulcu <cg...@urbanet.ch>.

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>>
>> Hi Giacomo, Dev-Team,
>> I know a lot of stuff needs to get done still. Should we take a vote?
>> Numerous queries like this
>> have gone unanswered :(
>
> I know (shigh). The fact is I don't like alpha dists. On the other hand
> there seems to be peoples without the possibility to get at it (which I
> can't understand but that's of no importance). What I can do is to setup
> a dist (maybe on a weekly base) under my apache account
> (www.apache.org/~giacomo/dist/cocoon2.tgz)
>
> Any comments?

Alpha dists are a pain to maintain, as if they're found, people will start
complaining about bugs :) If they're "available" only to the members of
cocoon-dev, that would be cool, but I wouldn't place 'em in a more
cospicuous location than your home page...

    Pier

--
Pier Fumagalli  <http://www.betaversion.org/>  <ma...@betaversion.org>

Re: Cocoon-2.0 release for the unfortunate ones

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.