Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christian Clauss <Ch...@ptv.de> on 2007/04/05 12:41:55 UTC

Property

Hi everybody.

I would like to acces a value defined in the pom.xml

<project>

            <dependencies>

                        <dependency>

                                   <version>"Here's the one I
want"</version>

                        </dependency>

            </dependencies>

</project>

How can I access this value in the same pom.xml? I tried
${project.dependencies.dependency.version} but it didn't work.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Christian

Re: Property

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, Christian,

You cannot do that AFAIK. However, you can do something like this.

<project>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <version>${some.var}</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

  <properties>
    <some.var>put version here</some.var>
  </properties>
</project>

Then access that ${some.var} somewhere else in your pom.

Cheers,
Franz