Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Deron Johnson <De...@Sun.COM> on 2005/10/28 21:32:41 UTC

ant is giving me a spurious "Unknown argument" error

When I type:

./ant -version

I get the following error message:

Unknown argument: -cp
ant [options] [target [target2 [target3] ...]]
  -help, -h              print this message
  -projecthelp, -p       print project help information

I'm not even giving it a '-cp' argument.

Any ideas what is causing this?

(I'm running on SUSE 9.3-Pro).

Re: ant is giving me a spurious "Unknown argument" error

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.
You probally have the jpackage verison of ant on your system.
Check the file /etc/ant.conf, it it exists then you do have the jpackage
version. This *CANNOT* be used with an ant version from the ant
distribution.
Just delete the /etc/ant.conf file or use ant --noconfig

Peter

Re: ant is giving me a spurious "Unknown argument" error

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Deron Johnson wrote:
> When I type:
>
> ./ant -version
>
> I get the following error message:
>
> Unknown argument: -cp
> ant [options] [target [target2 [target3] ...]]
>   -help, -h              print this message
>   -projecthelp, -p       print project help information
>
> I'm not even giving it a '-cp' argument.
>
> Any ideas what is causing this?
>
> (I'm running on SUSE 9.3-Pro).

you probably have an out of date ant rpm installed with your OS.