Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by "Jandl, Martin" <Ma...@fabasoft.com> on 2008/05/14 10:47:32 UTC

Request for new functionality in CachingProvider/CachingAttachmentProvider to invalidate particular cached pages or cached attachments

Dear JSPWiki Developers,

JSPWiki is a very cool product which we use for our internal
Wiki-System.

Particularly it is cool, as we can easily adapt it to our special needs.
I.e. we wrote our own Page- and Attachment-Providers to store the
articles into our established storage system.

To improve performance in reading articles, we use the JSPWiki
CachingProvider and CachingAttachmentProvider and in general this works
very well. Just in one situation this cache is not sufficient for us. In
fact, we like to change articles directly in our storage system too
(i.e. not only by using the JSPWiki-GUI) and in this situation, the
Cache does not recognize these changes. What we would need here is an
additional method in the Cache-Providers, which can be called to
invalidate a particular cache entry (page or attachment). This function
should be callable from our modified WikiGUI-JSP-Page (e.g. if a user
clicks a particular button refreshing a particular page) or preferable
by sending a special HTTP-Call to JSPWiki which we can send from our
storage system.

So would you please tell me, if there are plans to implement such a
method in JSPWiki 2.6 resp. please let me know, how we can bring in the
code for such a method into the JSPWiki code base?

It would be quite useful to have this functionality in all future
updates of JSPWiki to make updates easier.

Thanks in advance for your answer and congratulations to this very nice
Wiki.

Best regards,

Martin