Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by David Fraser <da...@sjsoft.com> on 2004/05/27 16:20:53 UTC

modifications to setup.py.in so it builds mod_python.so on Unix

Hi

Two patches for dist/setup.py.in:
setup-fixconfigerror.patch
    - fixes a bug in the config option finder (raise AssertionError
indented too much, so couldn't find options)

setup-unixbuild.patch is a patch to setup.py.in (latest CVS) that does
the following:
    - makes default parameters for the Extension classes.
    - prevents any code from running unless this is the main module
       (this allows the setup module to be imported so that for example
mod_python install could be bundled with another install)
    - adds neccessary libraries and library dir logic to build a
mod_python module on Unix
      tested on Linux and appears to work but obviously wider and more
rigorous testing would be appreciated

Grisha, I saw in your comment you wanted things cleaned up.
I agree they need to be cleaned up but thought I'd refrain until I had
an idea of the coding style you'd like for this module.
If you just write a few things I'll work on them and submit another patch.

David

Re: modifications to setup.py.in so it builds mod_python.so on Unix

Posted by David Fraser <da...@sjsoft.com>.
Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

>On Thu, 27 May 2004, David Fraser wrote:
>

>>Grisha, I saw in your comment you wanted things cleaned up.
>>I agree they need to be cleaned up but thought I'd refrain until I had
>>an idea of the coding style you'd like for this module.
>>If you just write a few things I'll work on them and submit another patch.
>>

>I never formally defined what the coding style is, but if you look at the
>other modules, e.g. Session.py, Cookie.py, etc, you should get the basic
>idea. I try to keep a lot of empty space to separate things logically, the
>code should flow in a fashion that makes sense to a human (even if it may
>at times be less efficient to a machine), I try to comment every event in
>the code. You should have enough comments so that if you were just to read
>the comments and not the code you would get a good idea of what happens...
>
>Also, I use emacs as my editor, so the indents and stuff are those that
>happen when you use emacs with python-mode.
>
>Grisha

OK, thanks Grisha, I'll have a stab at it

Posted by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org>.